How it works

Who's got the time to journal daily? You do.

1. Read the daily writing prompt.
2. Push "Play" on the timer on the right side of the screen.
3. Spend 60 seconds or less writing a response to the daily prompt.

You may respond in the "Comments" section of each post, if your response is family-friendly. Or you can write in your own journal or blog. If you respond in a public blog post, post the link in the comments and share it with us. Also feel free to use the "Comments" section for informal discussion about the responses that are posted.

Today, take a minute to write!

Questions? Check out this link for The One-Minute Writer Q&A, including comment guidelines and copyright information.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Today's Writing Prompt: Too much

What good thing could you have too much of?

One-Minute Writing of the Day:
Writer: that girl

Candy corn.

Congratulations, that girl! I love your simplicity and humor. And I agree--candy corn is awesome, but I know from experience (year after year) it is possible to eat too much of the yummy stuff. Feel free to put a One-Minute Writer WINNER! button on your blog!

16 comments:

Sara said...

Money, money and more money!

Proverbs 27:19 said...

Time.

When I have "too much" time I tend to get in trouble. I over committ myself, spend too much time doing brainless activities or just sit there wishing that I had even more time because I may have "wasted" it doing something silly

smooches,
Larie

Gina said...

Sorry ... I can't think of a single thing that I wouldn't want too much of. If I had too much money or too much food, I could give it away to those who need it. If I had too much fun or too much luck, I simply be blessed. If I had too much love ... well, you get the point.

davidseven said...

Time.

I think as writers if we had too much time, we'd never actually write anything.

The key to getting some writing done is the mind-numbing panic of a deadline whizzing past your ears.

D7

Namine said...

chocolate!! money, MR, rocket candies, clothes, SHOES SHOES and SHOES. and ummm not WORKING. I don't think I could ever get enough of not working!!

that girl said...

Candy corn.

Modern Day Abolitionist said...

Power. Too much power and influence attributed to the Holocaust. Too much Power made it take a long time to abolish the slave trade. Too much power is what keeps Illegal Human Trafficking going. Too much power can detroy a person, group, or nation. Too much power is never a good thing.

words, wine, coffee, art said...

When James went to his Camera Club meetings Lauren would watch 'Collectors' on TV. She'd hiss at the smug collectors of everything from navel fluff to old tractors.
'Does your wife dust all those things?'
'How can your husband live with that stuff?'
She would look around her home. Hundreds of cameras were lined up on shelves and in cabinets - old, interesting and valuable.
'Too much! It's too much!' she would cry.

Nick said...

Bacon! It's the most amazing food ever but too much can be harmful :(

SZQS said...

Anything.
Pretty much anything anyway, except love. I can't think how you could have too much love.
Of course, no matter how much of something you have, if you make good use of it, then it's not too much. Like sharing excess food.

NayLahKnee LahKnee said...

Comfortability....too much of it can make you stagnate, then you look up one day and realize you have been in the same spot forever.

Hedgie said...

Pecan pie.

Don't ask.

A Musing Mom (Taylorclan6) said...

A good book.

Uninterrupted time.

Alone time with my DVR and TV.

The chocolate chip cookie in my other hand while I'm pecking with one hand.

Just Me said...

A child's laughter. The giggles, the wonder, the joy unmeasured. I can never get enough of that!

For blue skies. said...

Favorite songs.
I have way too many favorite songs...

christine said...

Apples - some years there are just so many, even when I give some away, freeze some, make countless cakes etc, still there are load left in store, staring at me, willing me to be creative with them....

Call in for a chat with me! Christine's Chatter is at :-
http://cadugdale.blogspot.com