How it works

Who's got the time to journal daily? You do.

1. Read the daily writing prompt.
2. Push "Play" on the timer on the right side of the screen.
3. Spend 60 seconds or less writing a response to the daily prompt.

You may respond in the "Comments" section of each post, if your response is family-friendly. Or you can write in your own journal or blog. If you respond in a public blog post, post the link in the comments and share it with us. Also feel free to use the "Comments" section for informal discussion about the responses that are posted.

Today, take a minute to write!

Questions? Check out this link for The One-Minute Writer Q&A, including comment guidelines and copyright information.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Today's Writing Prompt: Best Book

I'm starting a theme of favorites or best-of's this week.

What's the best book you've read recently?

8 comments:

Carla Hurst-Chandler said...

The Non-Fiction by Joshua Foer- Moonwalking with Einstein. It deals with using mneumonics and loci to re-map short term memory. Best of all...it really works!

Barbara Whittington said...

I've read several lately but the one that stuck with is Child of the Mountains by Marilyn Shank. I believe it may be called a YA but it's for all people, especiallly those who want to learn about the Appalachian culture from the POV of a young girl. Beautifully written and true to life. I'm an appalachian girl...

Amayrani Franco said...

LAMB by Christopher Moore. I've had my share of bad experiences with religion, a lot of them stemming from the fact that Jesus always frightened me due to his divinity; this fun and fast read is about Jesus' childhood and how he came to be the messiah, as told by his best friend.

Carla Hurst-Chandler said...

Wasn't this the BEST! I've read everything Christopher Moore has written. He is amazing :)

june calender said...

I just read a 20th century Chinese classic by Lao She called RICKSHAW. A painful story told with great sympathy and insight. Published in 1938 - English translation, I'm not sure when.

Amayrani Franco said...

Yes! I loved it! A few years back I tried reading one of his books and I couldn't get into it, but after reading lamb I think I may have to revisit some of it.
Also, do you like Chuck Palahniuk?

Carla Hurst-Chandler said...

Yes...and Carl Hiaasen
they all have the same twisted style :)

Have you read Sacre Bleu by Moore? Exceptional!

Amayrani Franco said...

i will definitely look for it on my next trip to the bookstore! thank you!