How it works

Who's got the time to journal daily? You do.

1. Read the daily writing prompt.
2. Push "Play" on the timer on the right side of the screen.
3. Spend 60 seconds or less writing a response to the daily prompt.

You may respond in the "Comments" section of each post, if your response is family-friendly. Or you can write in your own journal or blog. If you respond in a public blog post, post the link in the comments and share it with us. Also feel free to use the "Comments" section for informal discussion about the responses that are posted.

Today, take a minute to write!

Questions? Check out this link for The One-Minute Writer Q&A, including comment guidelines and copyright information.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Today's Writing Prompt: Retirement

What do you want your retirement to be like?

8 comments:

june calender said...

I'm almost five years into retirement and it's GREAT! I live in a beautiful place, family is near, I have a bunch of new friends and time to pursue long term interests. Good health, what more can I ask for?

Amayrani Franco said...

Above all, peaceful. I would like for my retirement to consist of reading all those books I keep putting off: and settling down somewhere by the beach, where my love can garden to her hearts content.

D Werhan said...

I want my retirement to have lots of fun -- mainly book reading, doing all of the things I put off when I was working -- to have the things I need and want, unlike I do now, since I want more money -- I mean, I've put off things, in order to save money for retirement so I have enough to live on -- so I'm hoping there is enough money to do all of the things I put off now.
Donna Werhan
donnaw@kans.com

Tye Owens said...

hi I want my retirement to be an honorable death, like eryon in this story:

http://thescribeweekly.wordpress.com/2014/01/22/the-prophecy-of-araknael/



I also want to retire writing :)

Carla Hurst-Chandler said...

This is my seventh year of retirement and t s grand!

I do what I want to do.
Travel where I want to travel.
See what I want to see.
Have time to really really really enjoy my family and my life.

What's not to love?

John said...

I want to wake up when I want to wake up. I want to see the world on my own time. I want to hold my wife's hand as we take a stroll. A stroll through life at our own pace. No deadlines to meet, no emails to respond to... Just stroll...

Ron. Lavalette said...

Tomorrow, please. Or quitting time today. Yeah, that would be fine.

Lillian Nedeau said...

I want to have the time and energy to be with my grandchildren. I want to be able to go to camp without being in a rush. National parks,Italy, Spain France and England for architecture and museums. Coffee at my leisure. Walking my dog on the path I could see out my window at work. I always wanted to be one of those "walkers."